Please note that GO Wales has been discontinued at present.
Graduate Opportunities Wales is a business development programme, run from higher education institutions in Wales. Managed by the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW) and funded by the European Social Fund and Welsh Government. GO Wales enables businesses and other organisations in Wales to utilise the skills of graduates and students.
GO Wales offers you the opportunity to employ someone with a degree (or studying for a degree) to complete a project while working for your company for around 10 weeks, placements are primarily aimed at SMEs (small and medium size enterprises). By hosting a placement, your business can easily access the skills of a student or graduate and benefit from their enthusiasm. By taking part in the scheme, you will receive:
• A choice of high quality students and graduates
• People with specific knowledge and skills that can add value to your business
• Support from a dedicated team to assist with the selection and recruitment process
• Up to £100 per week towards their weekly wage
• A 6-10 week project completed
• An opportunity to see if the company can benefit permanently from graduate skills
For more information e-mail E-mail Work Placements or telephone 01443 483728
These are flexible periods of work experience designed to provide students and graduates with a chance to observe and experience a particular career or working environment.
We are approached by students and graduates requesting work experience in your organisation. We would then get in touch and organise a Work Taster that suits you both. While on the Work Taster the student can observe your work, carry out some suitable tasks or a short project.
After the Work taster the student would have increased knowledge of your industry to help inform their career decisions.
Here are some examples of recent Work Tasters:
• Four days shadowing a local journalist and researching stories
• Two weeks during the Easter vacation experiencing the work of a web design company
• One week observing lessons in a local school
If you have any other queries E-mail Work Tasters